Site Tools


history:maker_meetups

History of Maker Meetups

These are taken from the news section on the website (I've removed the links to the maker meetup webpage with map - was different then anyway)

Canberra UAV BBQ

deece — Thu, 18/10/2012 - 7:56am

This Sunday, we are holding a BBQ at the Make, Hack, Void workshop in Downer to celebrate and and hear in detail Canberra UAV's experiences at the UAV Outback Challenge.

We will be starting at midday, but if you want to bring along something special (food, projects, inebriative liquids, etc) that may take a while to prepare, you are welcome to come earlier.

Make, Hack, Void will be providing some meats, salads, soft drinks, etc, but if you have something special you would like to bring along and share (especially if you made/grew/slaughtered it yourself), you are welcomed and encouraged.

We request a $5 donation to help us cover costs.

If you have projects (completed or in progress), robots or radio control toys/devices of any kind, please bring them along for show and tell/racing/etc.

Throughout the day, we will have a number of talks from Canberra UAV:

  1. Overview of the Outback Challenge & Canberra UAV
  2. Recap of the events at Kingaroy
  3. Bottle drop failure analysis
  4. Image detection and processing
  5. Feeding and taking care of the Mugin (the main Canberra UAV airframe)
  6. The fate of test aircraft
  7. The way forward (and an opportunity to join the Canberra UAV team for the next challenge)
  8. As well Canberra UAV content, we will also have our normal show-and-tell style talks throughout the day.

Finally, we will be having a novice UAV airframe design session, where we will come up with a cheap multirotor design that can be fabricated at MHV in order to use to run UAV workshops.

If you plan on attending, and have not yot responded by other means (our mailing list or Facebook event), please sign up below to help us cater.

Arduino Beginners Workshop Series

brenda — Sun, 09/09/2012 - 5:31pm

A series of three beginner workshops to let you start interacting with the real world from your computer. Learn how to blink lights, measure the temperature, sound, light and movement and switches and dials.

You don't need to have any programming or electronics experience to participate. We will provide all the expertise, support and friendly encouragement you will need to learn something new, and have fun with hardware. We want to have a diverse group of participants and are particularly encouraging women to attend.

We will be providing a whole bunch of fun parts to play with such as sensors and lights, and during the workshop you can use them to make a wide variety of projects.

The course includes your first month's Associate membership at MHV so that you can work at the space during the workshops and at other times it is open during the month.

You do need to bring your own laptop (but please contact us if this isn't possible for you) and you will also need to bring your own Arduino, which is a small device that hooks up to your computer so you can play with loads of new toys. If you don't already have one, you can buy them online or get one from: http://australianrobotics.com.au/products/seeeduino-v30-atmega-328p (particpants can use the discount code mhv123).

If you already have an Arduino clone, please contact us so we can see whether it'll do the job for this workshop :-)

When: Saturday 3pm to 6pm on:

  • session 1: 13th October 2012 - getting started
  • session 2: 20th October 2012 - making project
  • session 3: 3rd November 2012 - more projects!

Cost (includes parts and MHV membership)

  • $70 Regular
  • $50 Concession (for full-time students, Seniors Card holders & pensioners)

Places are limited, please RSVP by emailing brenda@moon.net.au. Payment will be required in advance so that we can get the kits for you.

This workshop is being organised by MHV members Brenda Moon and Angus Gratton, with help from the MHV community.

Please contact us if you have any questions about the workshops.

Make Hack Void 2011 Christmas Party

Ruth — Thu, 24/11/2011 - 8:30pm

It's that time of the year where we celebrate the festive season in Make Hack Void style! With meat! And drinks! And stuff! Woo!

Party details

Date: Saturday the 17th of December Time: 12pm - late afternoon Location: Make Hack Void, Frencham St, Downer

Food & drinks

Menu:

  • Spit lamb
  • Smoked pork
  • Gourmet handmade sausages
  • Salads
  • Desserts
  • Soft drinks
  • Bring You Own (BYO) grog

Please notify us if you have any dietary requirements.

Cost and RSVP

$10/person - everyone (partner, kids, friends etc) is welcome, including non members

Please pay by 10th of December via bank deposit to the MHV account - put your name against the payment so we can track it and fill in the RSVP form to let us know you're coming and have paid.

 
 Name: Make, Hack, Void Incorporated
 BSB: 012-951
 Account No: 2509-92065

RSVP by 10th of December at the Make Hack Void Christmas Party RSVP form.

Activities

  • Secret Santa Ninja Claws - if you want to participate, please bring a gift (something hackerish) of around $15. The rules will explained on the day!
  • Decorate and hack the Emiglio tree. (Check out the Emiglio robot)
  • Make Hack Void card sort activity - take part in a fun quick exercise to help provide input into our website.

Hope to see you at the Christmas celebrations!

2011 Annual General Meeting

angusgr — Wed, 26/10/2011 - 9:31pm

This is a notice of our Annual General Meeting for 2011.

To be held at 6:45pm, Tuesday 8 November 2011, at the Make, Hack, Void premises in the Downer Business Park - Frencham St, Downer. All members are encouraged to attend.

As per the Model Rules for ACT Community Associations:

In addition to any other business that may be transacted at an annual general meeting, the business of an annual general meeting is—

a) to confirm the minutes of the last annual general meeting and of any general meeting held since that meeting; and b) to receive from the committee reports on the activities of the association during the last financial year; and c) to elect members of the committee, including office-bearers; and d) to receive and consider the statement of accounts and the reports that are required to be submitted to members under the Act, section 73 [1].

Regarding c), if you would like to nominate as a member or office-bearer of the Association then please notify The Secretary in writing before 1 November, 2011. Email (secretary at makehackvoid dot com) is best but there is also a postal address.[1]

[1] Make Hack Void PO Box 5040 Braddon ACT 2612

angusgr — Fri, 30/09/2011 - 6:33pm

Here are some links for people who came to Adam & my Electrofringe 2011 talks - “Drop Dead Simple MIDI Controllers with Arduino”, “The Hackerspace Movement” & “My Robot Has More Artistic Integrity than I Do”

Drop Dead Simple MIDI Controllers with Arduino You've got your board and your components and some programs, what's next?

Where to get More Info

Sources of Bits

  • Australian Robotics supplied the Seeeduinos and the other bits for the workshop (thanks guys!) They stock lots of good electronics, robotics, Arduino stuff (including bits from SparkFun.)
  • Futurlec is where most of the smaller components came from. The rest were sourced from ebay. You can always go to Jaycar as well.

Going Bigger

  • The Seeeduino has 13 digital I/Os and 6 analog inputs. If you want more, you can use something like SparkFun Mux Shield or wire in an analog input expander chip like this
  • Take a look at the W_democontroller sketch from the workshop for a sketch that you can expand to have more inputs, or you can work from the other examples and copy-paste to expand (this can turn into a mess though!)

MIDI with Arduino

  • Hairless MIDI<->Serial Bridge to take serial from Arduino and put into MIDI.
  • There are more ArduMIDI examples (a library for making MIDI programs on the Arduino) under libraries/ardumidi/examples.

The Hackerspace Movement

My Robot Has More Artistic Integrity than I do

Maker Meetup, June 21

angusgr — Thu, 23/06/2011 - 11:39pm

Maker Meetups have been a bit quiet since the winter weather set in, although we've now bought an industrial heater - it should arrive before the first July meetup. On Tuesday, about a dozen intrepid Makers braved the shortest day of the year - bringing UAV kit, Arduino-powered synths, nerf guns, server testing and lots of nerdy talk.

MHVBoard Noisemaker by angusgr, on Flickr DSCF2957 by devdsp, on Flickr MHVBoard noisemaker MHVBoard noisemaker

Dave brought past his MHVBoard implementation of a Arduino Noisemaker. Originally designed by Sebastian Tomczak, it uses the Arduino as an adjustable waveform generator - kinda like a little synth. Dave's version makes some awesome dirty sounds.

The Nerf modders were at it again. Wil5on gave a live demo of his prototype live ammo counter, Mr Combustible had his second-shot double-barrel work-in-progress.

Nerf Modding is Serious Business by devdsp, on Flickr DSCF3052 by devdsp, on Flickr DSCF3045 by devdsp, on Flickr

In addition, Eyal & Adam helped me ferret through our server rack and dig out some prospective servers (and some dead ones!) Plus the crew from Canberra UAV were in the space, planning their image processing and data link (I think, I didn't get over there.)

Photos by Adam & Angus, lots more in our flickr pool. Check the MHV calendar for upcoming Maker Meetups and other events.

Meetup #53

angusgr — Thu, 02/06/2011 - 9:05pm

Maker Meetups feature project (and project-in-progress) show & tells. Plus lightning talks, lots of interesting open discussion, and hacking! All are welcome.

You don't need to be a member to come along to these meetups (and they are always 100% free.) However, if you plan on doing any work in the space then you will need to become at least a Casual Member on the night.

Please note that enclosed footwear is required in the space, and the rules apply.

Format

Meetups start with short talks, so if you've brought something to show or talk about then please let us know. After the talks, we go back to our free-form casual format.

We also order pizza, so if you're hungry bring $11 or so and you can join us for dinner.

If you have anything exciting that you plan to talk about or show, please feel free to post up in the comments!

Venue

Meetups are held at the Make, Hack, Void space in Downer.

Meetup #52

angusgr — Fri, 27/05/2011 - 12:26am

Maker Meetups feature project (and project-in-progress) show & tells. Plus lightning talks, lots of interesting open discussion, and hacking! All are welcome.

EDIT: Also, this Tuesday only, “Getting Started with FPGAs” (see comment.)

You don't need to be a member to come along to these meetups (and they are always 100% free.) However, if you plan on doing any work in the space then you will need to become at least a Casual Member on the night.

Please note that enclosed footwear is required in the space, and the rules apply.

Format

Meetups start with short talks, so if you've brought something to show or talk about then please let us know. After the talks, we go back to our free-form casual format.

We also order pizza, so if you're hungry bring $11 or so and you can join us for dinner.

If you have anything exciting that you plan to talk about or show, please feel free to post up in the comments!

Venue

Meetups are held at the Make, Hack, Void space in Downer.

comments

angusgr — Sun, 29/05/2011 - 8:43pm Getting Started w/ FPGAs

I forgot to mention that there will be a special session, “Getting Started with FPGAs”, this Tuesday after the main show and tell. So make sure to come along if you're interested in FPGAs but never got around to starting - and would like to learn how!

Special Maker Meetup / CLUG Meeting this Thursday

angusgr — Mon, 23/05/2011 - 1:26pm

This Thursday is a special event Maker Meetup, as we are hosting CLUG (the Canberra Linux User's Group) in our space. The meeting will start at 7pm.

We'll be giving a quick general tour & introduction to MHV, and talking briefly about some of the other ongoing projects/tools in the space. If there are any Makers who have a finished/semi-finished project that they would like to display and talk about for 5 minutes (standard Meetup show and tell), then this would be appreciated :-)

This also is an open opportunity for anyone at all to come and visit, have a look, and chat about some awesome stuff at the site!

Meetup #51

angusgr — Sat, 14/05/2011 - 7:53pm

Maker Meetups feature project (and project-in-progress) show & tells. Plus lightning talks, lots of interesting open discussion, and hacking! All are welcome.

You don't need to be a member to come along to these meetups. However, if you plan on doing any work in the space then you will need to become at least a Casual Member on the night.

Please note that enclosed footwear is required in the space, and the rules apply.

Format

Meetups start with short talks, so if you've brought something to show or talk about then please let us know. After the talks, we go back to our free-form casual format.

We also order pizza, so if you're hungry bring $11 or so and you can join us for dinner.

If you have anything exciting that you plan to talk about or show, please feel free to post up in the comments!

Venue

Meetups are held at the Make, Hack, Void space in Downer.

Meetup #50

angusgr — Sat, 30/04/2011 - 7:01pm

Wow, half-way to 100 meetups already!

You don't need to be a member to come along to these meetups. However, if you plan on doing any work in the space then you will need to become at least a Casual Member on the night.

Please note that enclosed footwear is required in the space, and the rules apply.

Format

Meetups start with short talks, so if you've brought something to show or talk about then please let us know. After the talks, we go back to our free-form casual format.

We also order pizza, so if you're hungry bring $11 or so and you can join us for dinner.

If you have anything exciting that you plan to talk about or show, please feel free to post up in the comments!

Venue

Meetups are held at the Make, Hack, Void space in Downer.

Meetup #49

angusgr — Wed, 13/04/2011 - 11:54pm

You don't need to be a member to come along to these meetups. However, if you plan on doing any work in the space then you will need to become at least a Casual Member on the night.

Please note that enclosed footwear is required in the space, and the rules apply.

Format

Meetups start with short talks, so if you've brought something to show or talk about then please let us know. After the talks, we go back to our free-form casual format.

We also order pizza, so if you're hungry bring $11 or so and you can join us for dinner.

If you have anything exciting that you plan to talk about or show, please feel free to post up in the comments!

Venue

Meetups are held at the Make, Hack, Void space in Downer.

comments

angusgr — Tue, 19/04/2011 - 11:24am CNC Mills & Space Probes

Adam will be demoing our new Roland JWX-10 CNC mill/engraver tonight. I'll be demoing the almost-complete MHV Space Probe.

Probably lots of other surprises on the night, as well. :-)

Meetup #48

angusgr — Sun, 03/04/2011 - 6:14pm

This Tuesday is the second of our two meetups-in-a-row (last was a fifth Tuesday, this one is a first Tuesday.) Last Tuesday had a record attendance, let's see how many people turn out this week!

You don't need to be a member to come along to these meetups. However, if you plan on doing any work in the space then you will need to become at least a Casual Member on the night.

Please note that enclosed footwear is required in the space, and the rules apply.

Format

Meetups start with short talks, so if you've brought something to show or talk about then please let us know. After the talks, we go back to our free-form casual format.

We also order pizza, so if you're hungry bring $11 or so and you can join us for dinner.

If you have anything exciting that you plan to talk about or show, please feel free to post up in the comments!

Venue

Meetups are held at the Make, Hack, Void space in Downer.

Meetup #47

angusgr — Wed, 23/03/2011 - 7:39pm

It's time for yet another Maker Meetup, this time we are having two in a row (5th Tuesday followed by 1st Tuesday, 29 March then 5 April!)

You don't need to be a member to come along to these meetups. However, if you plan on doing any work in the space then you will need to become at least a Casual Member on the night.

Please note that enclosed footwear is required in the space, and the rules apply.

Format

Meetups start with short talks, so if you've brought something to show or talk about then please let us know. After the talks, we go back to our free-form casual format.

We also order pizza, so if you're hungry bring $11 or so and you can join us for dinner.

If you have anything exciting that you plan to talk about or show, please feel free to post up in the comments!

Venue

Meetups are held at the Make, Hack, Void space in Downer.

MHV Promotional Poster

angusgr — Wed, 16/03/2011 - 12:55pm

Would you like to promote MHV to others? Maybe in a public place, maybe at your work or your school?

We now have a promotional poster! Also available as PDF for printing. Yesterday I printed 10 of these on heavy duty A3 paper at Officeworks. Some are still available to pick up from the space, for promotional purposes.

There is also the original Inkscape SVG for further hacking. The fonts (for the SVG) are Clubland and DejaVu, the latter comes already installed on Ubuntu and probably other Linux distros.

Chris (who authored the awesome Membership poster from yesterday) has also promised to do a promotional poster as well, so there may be a second colourful option available shortly!

promotional_poster.pdf

Maker Meetup #46

angusgr — Wed, 09/03/2011 - 6:58pm

Last meetup featured an autonomous quadcopter (ArduCopter), MakerBot repairs, a UAV bottle drop demo, PCB engraver hacking, prototype robot toys, SMT soldering talk, craft knifemaking, papercraft, and tons more.

For this meeting Alastair now has his CNC mill installed in the space, and the machine area should be starting to take shape for members. Plus you never know what else will arrive for show and tell!

You don't need to be a member to come along to these monthly meetups. However, if you plan on doing any work in the space then you will need to become at least a Casual Member on the night.

Please note that enclosed footwear is required in the space, and the rules apply.

Format

Meetups start with short talks, so if you've brought something to show or talk about then please let us know. After the talks, we go back to our free-form casual format.

We also order pizza, so if you're hungry bring $10 or so and you can join us for dinner

If you have anything exciting that you plan to talk about or show, please feel free to post up in the comments!

Venue

Meetups are held at the Make, Hack, Void space in Downer.

Maker Meetup #45

angusgr — Wed, 23/02/2011 - 10:40pm

This will be the second meetup where the Canberra UAV team is joining us.

You don't need to be a member to come along to these monthly meetups. However, if you plan on doing any work in the space then you will need to become at least a Casual Member on the night.

Please note that enclosed footwear is required in the space, and the rules apply.

Format

Meetups start with short talks, so if you've brought something to show or talk about then please let us know. After the talks, we go back to our free-form casual format.

If you have anything exciting that you plan to talk about or show, please feel free to post up in the comments!

Venue

Meetups are held at the Make, Hack, Void space in Downer.

Maker Meetup #44

angusgr — Thu, 10/02/2011 - 10:47pm

It's time for our second ever Maker Meetup at the space. Meetup #43 was so popular that we ran out of chairs and table space, but we've reorganised since then so there should be lots more room!

You don't need to be a member to come along to these monthly meetups. However, if you plan on doing any work in the space then you will need to become at least a Casual Member on the night.

Please note that enclosed footwear is required in the space, and the rules apply.

Format

Meetups start with short talks, so if you've brought something to show or talk about then please let us know. After the talks, we go back to our free-form casual format.

If you have anything exciting that you plan to talk about or show, please feel free to post up in the comments!

Venue

Meetups are held at the Make, Hack, Void space in Downer.

Recordings

There will be a film crew working on a documentary coming to the meetup part way through. Pending explicit permission from those in view, they will be recording some of the nights proceedings and will be recording some interviews after the main part of the meeting has ended.

Maker Meetup #43

angusgr — Sun, 30/01/2011 - 7:06pm

We're holding the first monthly Makers Meetup since we moved into our new space. The space is still being set up, but please come along and check it out.

You don't need to be a member to come along to these monthly meetups. However, if you plan on doing any work in the space then you will need to become at least a Casual Member on the night.

Please note that enclosed footwear is required in the space, and the rules apply.

Format

Meetups start with short talks, so if you've brought something to show or talk about then please let us know. After the talks, we go back to our free-form casual format.

If you have anything exciting that you plan to talk about or show, please feel free to post up in the comments!

Venue

The location is the Make, Hack, Void Hackerspace in Downer.

Makers invited to the space

angusgr — Tue, 11/01/2011 - 10:40pm

This is an open invite for Makers to come to the space. It should be partially furnished, although it won't be fully set up for general hacking.

If you are not yet a member then you will need to become a Casual Member for $1 when you arrive (no other charge for a first visit.)

We will be continuing the normal Maker Meetups, open to the public at no charge at all, on the first Tuesday of each month. From now, on all other Tuesday evenings the space should be open, but you'll need to be a member for those. The casual rate is normally $5 for the evening. Not all equipment can be used by Casual Members.

Venue

The location is the Make, Hack, Void Hackerspace in Downer.

Paperwork is in with the ACT Property Group

Adam — Wed, 05/01/2011 - 1:20pm

Just a quick update to let you know that things are still going ahead with the ACT Property Group owned Downer space. We've had contact today to confirm that the ACTPG have the paperwork they need and arrangements are being made to pick up keys. We'll have more details very soon. It's not too late to become a founding member.

MHV Over the Holidays

angusgr — Mon, 27/12/2010 - 8:01pm

MHV in December & January:

  • 28 Dec (4th Tue) - No committee meeting.
  • 4 Jan (1st Tue) - No Makers Meetup.
  • 10 & 11 Jan (2nd Mon/Tue) - Nothing official.
  • However, we will have keys to the workshop and committee members & founding members are invited to come check it out, get excited, make plans, maybe BBQ on Monday. From 5:30pm? Founding Associate Members are still welcome
  • 15 & 16 Jan - Moving weekend. Volunteers encouraged.
  • 18 Jan (3rd Tue) - First official meetup in Downer (details TBA.)

Maker Meetup #42

angusgr — Tue, 07/12/2010 - 11:04pm

Meetup #41 had a record number of attendees, 22 people by my count. Lots of great talks as well, our new “lightning talk” format proved popular:

  • Adam gave us the rundown on the potential new MHV space.
  • Sean told us about his project at ADFA, using microcontrollers to measure models “flying” in hypersonic flows.
  • Dave showed us his kit-built I/O breakout board, based around a PIC for easy interfacing to hardware.
  • Jack showed us his RC flight simulator and talked about some of the factors of UAV design.
  • Angus (me!) showed some of his collection of cheap ARM devices (tablets and netbooks) that can run Linux, in varying states of disrepair.
  • Alastair gave us a demonstration of his PowerBalance & Placebo bands!
  • Tom showed us his Dick Smith autonomous bot, which he hopes to hack.
  • Eyal showed us how to interface with the LCD panels that the group recently bought.
  • Matt showed us his Pokia, and his beautiful vacuum tube clock (see the flickr group!)
  • Adam walked us through his hairy yak remote control receiver.

… so many projects, and that was just the “structured” talk time!

Next Meeting

Next meeting is in two weeks (meetings are first and third Tuesdays.)

Meetups start with short talks, so if you've brought something to show or talk about then please let us know. After the talks, we go back to our free-form casual format.

If you have anything exciting that you plan to talk about or show, please feel free to post up in the comments!

We ask people to bring a nominal $5 donation, to go towards the costs of running MHV Inc and to build capital towards getting our permanent Hackerspace. Please be generous, $5 is not a lot for over two hours of interesting and entertaining talk and gadgets!

Venue Meetups are held at Dickson College.

comments

angusgr — Tue, 21/12/2010 - 2:27pm ZipIt Z2s I'll have the rest of the Z2 bits (Z2s, connectors, SD cards) along tonight, including a prebuilt autoflasher card so everyone can get up and running with Linux. I'll also have images of Ubuntu Jaunty and wicknix's custom Debian build with me.

Meetup #41

angusgr — Tue, 30/11/2010 - 10:34pm

Meetup #40 was a great turnout, with lots of new members and a lot of discussion about the UAV Outback Rescue Challenge.

Meetup #41 is our first meeting to start with some short talks. If you have something to talk about or show the group, even if only for 2 minutes, there will be a signup sheet at the beginning of the meeting. After 20-30 minutes of talks, we'll go back to our usual free-form casual format.

If you have anything exciting that you plan to talk about or show, please feel free to post up in the comments!

This is also the first meeting where we're asking people to bring a nominal $5 donation, to go towards the costs of running MHV Inc and to build capital towards getting our permanent Hackerspace. Please be generous, $5 is not a lot for two hours of interesting and entertaining talk and gadgets!

Venue Meetups are held at Dickson College.

comments

angusgr — Tue, 30/11/2010 - 10:42pm Cheap ARM devices I'm going to bring my $99 netbook and my cheap Android tablets, and talk briefly about hacking Linux and Android on them. Powerful embedded computing on a budget!

eyal — Mon, 06/12/2010 - 1:14pm LCD programming I am willing to go through the operation of the text LCD panels (those 16×2 or 20×4), and if necessary show how to use one with MHVlib.

Meetup #40 - Dickson College

angusgr — Sun, 14/11/2010 - 10:26pm

Meeting #39 went very well, Dickson College is shaping up to be a great venue for meetups (check the photos in the flickr group for more!)

New Meeting Venue

For now, meetings are not at the Braddon Club. They are at Dickson College. Click here for a map. If you enter the main foyer, you should see signs to follow to the meet.

The meeting in in their ICT/Robotics area, which has some great gadgets in it.

Meeting

6:15-8:45pm “Maker's Meetup”, show & tell (bring projects!), project talk, fun stuff.

First timers are welcome. If you plan to bring anything exciting, please post up in the comments! Meetups every fortnight at 6:15pm (check the site for details.)

Meetup #39 - new venue

angusgr — Tue, 02/11/2010 - 9:51pm Meeting #38 was great! Sunny Forsyth talked to us about delivering clean water in Laos, Alastair dazzled us with his 30W LED. We had a “Fat Shark” POV headset, MHVBoards being built, a Robosapien with probes sticking out of his back, nerf weapons, paper & fibreglass helmets, robot hands, and probably many other things I can't remember (check the flickr slideshow for details.)

New Meeting Venue

Next meeting is not at the Braddon Club. It will be at Dickson College. Click here for a map. If you enter the main foyer, you should see signs to follow to the meet.

The meeting will be in their ICT/Robotics area, which has some great gadgets in it!

Meeting

6:15-8:45pm “Maker's Meetup”, show & tell (bring projects!), project talk, fun stuff.

First timers are welcome. If you plan to bring anything exciting, please post up in the comments! Meetups every fortnight at 6:15pm (check the site for details.)

Meetup #38

angusgr — Wed, 13/10/2010 - 10:03pm

Meetup #37 was a record turnout. We had a room-mapping robot, a live build of an audio power supply, MHVBoards, and polymorph. Talk ranged from LEGO robots, AVRs, netbooks, 3D printers, accelerometers, and lots more. Let's see what happens at Meetup #38.

Whats Going On?

  • Sunny Forsyth from Abundant Water will talk about providing drinking water in impoverished nations
  • Alastair will bring a 30W LED for the shed in

Meeting

6:15-8:45pm “Maker's Meetup”, show & tell (bring projects!), project talk, fun stuff.

First timers are welcome. If you plan to bring anything exciting, please post up in the comments! Location (Braddon Club) and Map. Meetups every fortnight at 6:15pm.

Meetup #37

angusgr — Tue, 05/10/2010 - 10:18pm

6:15-8:45pm “Maker's Meetup”, show & tell (bring projects!), project talk, fun stuff.

First timers are welcome. If you plan to bring anything exciting, please post up in the comments!

comments

Dave — Sun, 10/10/2010 - 9:14pm New Member(s) Hi Guys,

My name is Dave and I just found out about MHV last week through Geoff, who's an old uni mate. I plan to come to the meetup on Tuesday to get a better idea of what MHV's all about. MHV sounds pretty interesting given what my current hobbies are.

I've also told a guy at work, Steve, about MHV and he's just as interested. Steve is going to bring along his auto-room-mapping robot to show.

I look forward to meeting you all.

Dave

Adam — Mon, 11/10/2010 - 2:29pm Sounds perfect. We'll see you there. :-)

Meetup #36

angusgr — Tue, 21/09/2010 - 10:04pm

6:15-8:45pm “Maker's Meetup”, show & tell (bring projects!), project talk, fun stuff.

First timers are welcome. If you plan to bring anything exciting, please post up in the comments!

This meet will feature:

  • Emiglio put-together, plan & brainstorm
  • Polymorph pellets - easily mould nearly anything out of plastic!

comments

Australian Robotics — Mon, 04/10/2010 - 12:25pm When Is The Next MHV Meeting?

Australian Robotics — Mon, 04/10/2010 - 12:32pm MHV Free Shipping Option Just added the “Free local pickup” shipping option for MHV members. This means that orders placed with this shipping option will have their gear delivered at the next MHV meeting at Braddon Club (every second Tuesday unless otherwise notified) Chris

angusgr — Tue, 05/10/2010 - 10:26pm Nice one, thanks Chris!

Meetup #35

Adam — Fri, 10/09/2010 - 5:19pm

6:15-8:45pm “Maker's Meetup”, show & tell (bring projects!), project talk, fun stuff.

First timers are welcome. If you plan to bring anything exciting, please post up in the comments!

Meetup #34

angusgr — Tue, 24/08/2010 - 11:41pm

6:15-8:45pm “Maker's Meetup”, show & tell (bring projects!), project talk, fun stuff.

We will also be doing a live build of a Kelvin's thunderstorm. If you would like to assist by bringing components, please mention it in the comments.

We require the following components:

  • Tank - Partial [Adam, see comments]
  • Stand - Partial [Adam, see comments]
  • Aquarium tubing & T connector, [Adam]
  • 2 metal cans - probably, [Chris]
  • Wire with alligator clips - probably [Matt]
  • Duct tape [Alastair] [Gus]
  • Stiff wire or tin foil for the electrodes [Alastair] [Gus]
  • Nozzles [Adam]
  • Hot Glue [Alastair]
  • Cutting/Drilling tools [Alastair]
  • Spark Gap - [Alastair]
  • Neon lights

First timers are welcome. If you plan to bring anything exciting, please post up in the comments!

comments

deece — Wed, 25/08/2010 - 8:17pm I'll bring hot glue and the Ozito Power8 toolkit, as well as the mighty 5D MkII for video

Adam — Sun, 29/08/2010 - 8:55pm I'll try and pick up the plumbing bits from Bunnings tomorrow and have a dig around for other bits and pieces.

Adam — Mon, 30/08/2010 - 2:29pm Got some bits I have the tubing, t-piece and valves for the drip system. I go two valves so we can use them as nozzels and to even out the drip rate if we need to.

I've also got 2 threaded rods and enough nuts and washers to build a 3 shelf unit. Just need to find some allu box stock or some planks of wood. I'll see if I can grab some off cuts from my dad if no one else volunteers anything.

angusgr — Mon, 30/08/2010 - 6:54pm I'm coming to the party, and I'm bringing… Fencing wire (0.7mm and ~1mm gauges, stiff enough to freestand), gaffer tape, electrical tape.

Adam — Mon, 30/08/2010 - 7:32pm other bits scrounged [Matt] said he'd bring along some hookup cables with aligator clips. Combust is bringing along the tin cans. I've grabbed a PET bottle we can use for the tank if we don't get any better offers.

deece — Mon, 30/08/2010 - 9:10pm More Stuff By my front door is:

  • Coat Hanger
  • Pliers
  • Aluminium foil
  • Duct tape
  • 80W Soldering iron & solder
  • Multimeter (max of 1000V, can someone do better?)
  • MegaOhm+ resistors for voltage dividers
  • Ozito Power8 Workbench
  • Camera gear (2 bodies & tripod)

MHV at Robot World Live

angusgr — Tue, 24/08/2010 - 11:39pm

Last Tuesday MHV were invited to present their projects at Robot World Live. This event was held at Questacon as part of National Science Week.

Chris Wolfe & myself presented the latest incarnation of Chris' robotic hand and talked briefly about the potential for hobbyist robotics, and home-made creations.

Chris got to talk more about the inspiration for his project on ABC News, the video is here. More video, and photos of the event, should be available shortly.

Other presenters and panelists included robotics researchers from around Australia, a robotics ethicist, and representatives from industrial robotics.

Big thanks to Bobby Cerini for inviting us along!

Meetup #33

angusgr — Tue, 10/08/2010 - 9:53pm

6:15-8:45pm “Maker's Meetup”, show & tell (bring projects!), project talk, fun stuff.

First timers are welcome. If you are bringing anything really exciting, please post up in the comments!

comments

deece — Tue, 17/08/2010 - 2:27pm MHVlib I'll be bringing along the whiteboard I salvaged for the group, and a projector so I can talk about the progress made on MHVlib and a walkthrough of a couple of the tutorials.

Australian Robotics — Thu, 26/08/2010 - 7:56am This looks great- when can we see the first built one?

deece — Thu, 26/08/2010 - 9:25am I assume you're talking about the MHVBoard? I'll try to mill one out this weekend, and once I've confirmed the design, I'll send them off to get fabbed. It will probably be about 3 weeks to get your hands on a non-prototype unit.

Australian Robotics — Thu, 26/08/2010 - 1:26pm MHVBoard Proto That's great- I'll show up to the next MHV meeting, let me know if you need a reseller! Chris

Meetup #32

Adam — Mon, 02/08/2010 - 11:35am 6:15-8:45pm “Maker's Meetup”, show & tell (bring projects!), project talk, fun stuff.

First timers are welcome. If you are bringing anything really exciting, please post up in the comments!

Meetup #31

angusgr — Tue, 13/07/2010 - 11:55pm

6:15-8:45pm “Maker's Meetup”, show & tell (bring projects!), project talk, fun stuff.

First timers are welcome. If you are bringing anything really exciting, please post up in the comments!

Meetup #30 in Summary

Adam — Thu, 08/07/2010 - 12:04pm

I wrote most of this post in an email to one of of members who couldn't make it to the meeting this week. It seemed appropriate to post it as a news item so people can get an idea of what we've been talking about.

The discussions this week were quite technical, some of which were well over my head. While we didn't managed to provide any solid solutions to the all the problems presented. I'm hoping that we can turn the Maker Meet ups into problem solving sessions for all kinds of problems facing Canberra makers from the experienced to the novice. If you have a problem, no mater how trivial or complex, I'd encourage you to come along to our next Maker Meetup in a fortnight (there will be an update here to remind you) and present it to the group. We might not be able to solve it right away, but we might be able to give you some stimulating ideas that help you get you project moving again.

We spent a lot of time talking about Paul's EV Bike conversion project. He was keen to get some feedback an some LiFePO4 battery management system (BMS) schematics he spotted on the Internet. For the most part we couldn't actually work out what was going on in the schematics as they had been put together by a committee of forum users where some of the design decisions came down to “I had those parts on hand so I used them”. The three forum threads, multiple youtube videos, a couple of schematics and photos provide plenty of information just not in an easily digestible format. Discussions on this problem have migrated to IRC.

Geoff has been doing some work in gEDA to get a feel for how it can be used out side of his work were he has access to Altium. One problem he has with the current suite is the lack of a footprint editor. He's been working on a python based tool that can display a GUI editor and a text editor that are both updated in real time. At the meeting Geoff showed off a short python script which does two way communication with a gvim editor window. It doesn't do anything terribly interesting just yet but was one of the roadblocks he had to navigate before he could progress the project.

We also had the compulsory LED matrix discussions. Alastair showed a PCB he's building in Eagle Express with a bunch of shift registers and current limiting resistors. He's going to isolation route the PCB on his CNC mill and mount it as a backpack on an 8×8 - 5mm - RGB LED matrix he bought recently. He also showed off the byte-buffer clocked-serial shift-out AVR code he's been optimising for pushing data out to these displays as fast as the AVR will net him without writing the ASM himself. We then went on talk about how it should be possible to write AVR code to do per pixel software PWM for the HT1632 matrix displays if we can blat out the data fast enough.

I showed some progress on Emiglio's head rotation joint. I have started the mounting plates that sit inside the collars in the body and the head. I'm still waiting on the Lazy Susan bearing I ordered off ebay to show up. Once that's in I can decide how I'm going to go ahead with the locomotion system. Some of the suggestions so far are:

  • setup a ring of coils on one plate and magnets on the other and build a BDC/Stepper motor (Alastair);
  • use a friction wheel on a stepper/gear-motor/continuous-rotation-servo (Angus & I);
  • for some thing simple, I am thinking about just using a regular hobby servo and some push rods;
  • I also thought I could cut a ring gear profile in one of the mounting plates and cut a gear to mount on a motor; or
  • buy a ring gear & matching gear and use those instead (Angus).

Once I have the bearing I'll have a much better idea of what will fit.

We also talked a bit about what we could do to transfer power and data between the body and the head if we decide to go with a solution that allows >360degree rotations. The options so far are:

That's were we are at; lots of interesting projects in the works and plenty of stimulating discussions going on. Next week the committee will be meeting to discuss what we need to be doing in the background to organise the events and projects we want to run as a group. Everyone is welcome to come along to the committee meetings and provide input on the direction of Make, Hack Void, but we ask that you don't bring projects along until the Maker Meetup which will happen the week after.

Meetup #30 (new time)

angusgr — Tue, 29/06/2010 - 9:23pm

6:15-8:45pm “Maker's Meetup”, show & tell (bring projects!), project talk, fun stuff.

First timer's welcome. If you are bringing anything really exciting, please post up in the comments!

(From next week, Maker's Meetups will be happening every fortnight at 6:15.)

comments

angusgr — Tue, 29/06/2010 - 9:25pm Teensy++ / python-on-a-chip I'll be bringing my Teensy++ for anyone interested in python-on-a-chip (the foolishness of running Python in 8k of RAM!)

Adam — Tue, 29/06/2010 - 9:59pm more matrix fun I'll be trying to build the MHVlib passive LED matrix driver to run on my Lilypad which I have hooked up to my LED matrix. (10mm Blue LEDs, in a hex layout)

I may also have some dead reckoning code using my Sparkfun Razor IMU &to show off, but no promises there.

Minutes

Meetup #29

angusgr — Sun, 27/06/2010 - 3:33pm

6:15-7:15pm Official group & committee business 7:15-8:45pm “Maker's Meetup”, show & tell (bring projects!), project talk, fun stuff

Tentative official agenda:

  • Strategic Plan review
  • Meeting format proposal
  • Committee membership & size

Meetup #28

angusgr — Sat, 19/06/2010 - 12:30pm (Sorry for the late notice on this one, folks.)

6:15-7:15pm Official group & committee business 7:15-8:45pm “Maker's Meetup”, show & tell (bring projects!), project talk, fun stuff

This week it seems like we have a lot of official business again, so we may run over the one hour limit.

Tentative official agenda:

  • Minutes from the previous committee meeting
  • Progress since the last committee meeting
  • Outcome of the Food Court meet up
  • Keeping members involved/interested
  • Strategic Plan writing session

Minutes

angusgr — Sat, 26/06/2010 - 11:30am

Present: Alistair, Geoff, Adam, Angus

Fortnightly foodcourt meetings

  • Error in minutes from last week: No formal decision about this, just an ongoing discussion
  • Adam placed his case against: poor table arrangements, loud ambient noise, focusing on our goal of a hackerspace, “ad hoc” unorganised events not necessarily attracting new people, new people not necessarily something we can work with at this stage. Suggested current goals should be developing a “product to sell” and organising some specific events. Some discussion.
  • Alastair suggested re-evaluating after winter, hard to mobilise people at all at this time of year. Agreed.
  • Geoff reminded that we did leave there for a reason, it wasn't working for us. Some discussion of possible alternative venues: back room at King O'Malleys, space at ANU (via Brenda, Bob, or other sources?) No clear action items.
  • Angus suggested no longer doing committee & meetup things in a split timeslot. Separate days for separate meetings.
  • Discussing a parallel approach to organising: planning events to engage community while also planning the concrete details of getting a space.

Organising Events

  • Organising Events as first steps: starting, moving forward, showing we can organise and have things to offer.
  • Action Item: Proposal for a soldering day, what we should do. Ask Chris if he is interested in organising.
  • Discussion of other worthwhile events:
    • Emiglio. Plan some individual pieces of work that can be split up, and then plan a “Hack Day” for everyone to work on these pieces.
    • MHVLib Hackfest. Already planned as part of CLUG PSIG (Linux User's Group Programmer Special Interest Group.)

Strategic Plan Writing Sunday 10am? Location TBA? Library meeting rooms? Weston club?

Advertising/announcement for a preliminary plan so we have something to go on?

Action Items

  • Strategic plan writing session on Sunday
  • Proposal for a soldering workshop. Ask Chris if he is interested in putting something together.

Meetup #27 (New Venue)

angusgr — Tue, 08/06/2010 - 10:22pm

Show & Tell, Maker's Meetup

No formal committee part to this meeting, just bring your projects to show and tell, or just bring yourself.

DIFFERENT LOCATION: In the Canberra Centre upstairs food court, next to the escalators to Dendy.

comments

paroxyst — Mon, 14/06/2010 - 8:50pm Hey gang! Looking forward to coming along for the first time and meeting you all. As I'm going to be a n00b please keep and eye out for a dude with a pony tail & beard loitering in case I don't immediately recognise anybody. Smile

deece — Tue, 15/06/2010 - 9:41am Just look for the high laptop density - we're hard to miss.

paroxyst — Tue, 15/06/2010 - 10:10pm Hey dudes, Sorry I didn't rock up as promised - got stuck back at work until after 7:00. Next time, gadget! :)

Adam — Tue, 15/06/2010 - 11:26pm That's okay. Next week we'll be back in the cottage at the Braddon club. It's really simple to get to the cottage (you just walk past the bar to the door at the back of the club and follow the path straight ahead, the cottage is on the right and the door faces the oval). If you want we can have someone meet you at the club's front door to make it easier for your first meeting. Jump on IRC or the mailing list regardless and we'll help you get settled in.

Meetup #26

Adam — Fri, 04/06/2010 - 3:39pm

Our lack of clear direction is hampering our progress. We have lots of cool thoughts and ideas but we haven't mapped out what we need to do to make them happen. We need to develop a clear and concise strategic plan and document it on the website. I have planned; and will be running; a brainstorming session at this coming meeting to get the big picture mapped out. I will be providing all the materials needed for this session. Including a stack of bright happy textas! I'll be running a pretty strict time line and there will be no bikeshedding. If you need to know more, jump into IRC and I may answer your questions if I feel they wont give too much away. Your best bet is to show up at the meeting, all will be answered then. If you can't make it or you know your going to be late let me know here, in IRC, on the committee mailing list or my email.

We'll be in the Braddon Club's cottage again and I'll try to stick to our regular meeting schedule. Get there as close to 6:15 as you can so we can get through the action items from the previous meeting, get started on the strategic planning session and hopefully we won't eat into the project show and tell time. It should be a fun night.

Minutes

jcda — Sun, 06/06/2010 - 9:28pm

Attendees: alastair adam geoff chris eyal jc angus Excused: Tariya

Events of the week

- ANZ is waiting on the committee members, we need to go to the Belconnen branch

- Getting the ABN # still has to be done , action for Geoff ATO application is also something

- discussion about the templates Jcda found some TeX templates to work on

- 100 point of ID

- adafruit gives wholesales to hackerspaces → Alastair to register with them

- Adam to talk about “the art of community” + project management, achievement, tick boxes …

- Alastair is announcing that the 7th of june will be the deadline for his neighbours to complain about the construction of his shed.

- hackerspace details updated - objectives and goals : get money for the bank account , the first objective is 10k $ in order to pay 6 months in advance. - we need a mission statement , a mission plan, objectives with measurable goals

- get a space

  1. talk to commercial real estate :
    1. write a document that we can give to the real estate agent to state what we want to do
    2. contact the real estate agent
      1. priority one: have funding for the 6 months
        1. seeded or raised through some method we need to give incentive
        2. quickstarter stef advising us that the legal status makes a huge difference
        3. need to make an estimated plan.
          1. elevator pitch, flyer
          2. minimal lease will be the 2 years so we need to make sure we have the cashflow for this period. business plan and what we want to achieve.
      2. set up areas we should flesh out in.

- gain members - recruit - tutorials

for JC the priority is the money stef is suggesting the budgeting

we need to formalise the budgeting and the aims

documenting the infrastructure we require.

change of location is an issue as the Braddon club - we should do show and tell in other places Recruitment options:

  1. University
  2. Activities
  3. Propaganda + Branding:
    1. stickers → action on JC +brainstorming re. the logo
  1. flyers
  1. rent a table at a computer fair
    1. alternating between the food court would be good

We need more accessibility to the meetings: idea of alternating between the club and the food court

Meetup #25

angusgr — Tue, 01/06/2010 - 4:29pm

(Sorry for the late notice on this one, folks.)

6:15-7:15pm Official group & committee business 7:15-8:45pm “Maker's Meetup”, show & tell (bring projects!), project talk, fun stuff

Feel free to come to either or both parts of the meeting. First timers welcome.

Our official business this week will be focused on writing objectives and goals.

Meetup #24

angusgr — Sat, 22/05/2010 - 5:24pm

6:15-7:15pm Official group & committee business 7:15-8:45pm “Maker's Meetup”, show & tell (bring projects!), project talk, fun stuff

Feel free to come to either or both parts of the meeting. First timers welcome.

Our official business this week will be focused on completing our ANCA application, and possibly more web site cleanup.

Minutes of meeting

jcda — Sun, 30/05/2010 - 11:15pm

Present committee members : alastair tariya geoff jc

Geoff could go to ANZ and post the forms The committee member should be able to use the account now there might be some issues with the names because we need to do a proof of ID all the members have to go to the Belconnen branch preferably.

we need the names of the committee members in the minutes and an overhead paper for the minutes for the bank in order to give a more formal

- stating the not for profit intentions

a tax exemption statement from the ATO wasn't possible yet

a document is needed for this purpose

lateX could be useful for the creation of a formal minute

The committee and minutes should move to a fortnight or monthly

most of the things could be done through the mailing lists.

Discussion about the ANCA application and its motus vivendi.

The concern is the 8 month waiting list. This seems to be a priority, it should be taken less seriously. Risk of “death by committee” we should delegate one single person to get in charge.

Impact and activity of the website compared with the San Diego, Photos etc…

action hackerspaces.org update the informations

idea of talking about a hack day with community art. with a 2 month in advance to work on it. that would be a good exercise of PR.

discussion of projects

Meetup #23

Adam — Tue, 18/05/2010 - 11:08am

6:15-7:15pm Official group & committee business 7:15-8:30pm “Maker's Meetup”, show & tell (bring projects!), project talk, fun stuff

Our official business this week will be focused addressing the concerns with the website:

Template Comments Taxonomy Content The mailing list is setup now and we should draft an email to go to members on Gus' contact list inviting them to subscribe to the makers and/or committee lists. Suggestions to add the emails to the list and let them opt out if they want will be met with disdain and scorn.

Feel free to attend either or both parts of the meeting. First timers welcome.

The meeting room is in the “cottage” behind the club, ask for directions when you sign in. Attendees will need to be Braddon Club members, or signed in. Membership is $5/year or 50c for a temporary pass. As the Braddon Club is a licensed venue, anyone under 18 will need to be accompanied by a responsible adult.

Make, Hack, Void's Web presence post redux

Adam — Fri, 14/05/2010 - 5:28pm

At our last meeting one of our members raised the issue of our web presence. The concerns raised include a number of user interaction problems. For example: the currently deployed theme is somewhat unattractive; the plethora of categories makes navigation a pain; the reverse chronological ordering of sibling comments is counter intuitive and a barrier to finding the newest comments. Another major concern on of communication. We aren't spending time keeping this site up to date with our progress as a group. The most active and focus attracting portion of the site is the “Member Tweets” block in the right column where there is an over representation of software development updates which could be putting non programmers off. In an effort to address these concerns we have decided on a number of action items.

We are looking at deploying a new theme based on a reasonable specific set of selection criteria. The criteria so far is: Ability to show global content blocks for mission statement and 'potential member' introduction, Works with minimal hassle and minimal wasted pixels on displays ranging from 800×480 (EEE 701) to 2560×1600 (Fancy 30“ wide screens), Aesthetically pleasing, Appeals to our audience of Hackers, Appeals to our audience of Artists and Standards Compliant. There is a discussion on the committee mailing list regarding this and we welcome input from committee and non-committee members.

We will be making some configuration and taxonomy changes on the site to cut down the number of sections to just three: “Projects”, “News” and “other”. The ordering of comments will (or has been) looked at. We also hope to setup some focal blocks on the front page to present a better overview of who we are and what we are hoping to achieve. There will be a bit of work involved in moving posts around but we'll work through it as we go.

However the majority of the work will be in blog and project posts like this. We have several really interesting projects being worked on by our members which all deserve a bit of promotion, We've got a documentary film project under way and we're making progress towards setting up a space. All of which we hope to do a much better job of reporting on.

With these changes we expect that visitors will have a much better idea of what we're doing and how and why they may get involved. If you have suggestions or requests; get in touch in the comments of the mailing lists and we'll endeavour to accommodate them.

A service outage! Oh My.

Adam — Fri, 14/05/2010 - 11:12am

We had a bit of server trouble yesterday after a PHP upgrade and some other changes meant that this specific instance of Drupal was causing the serving Apache thread to segfault. As there was some new module and database activity going on prior to the outage our sysadmin attempted to resolve the issue with a database restore. While it's nice to know our backups are working, the last snapshot was from before my blog entry regarding some concerns about our web presence. The error turned out to be a mod_php and Apache threads issue which has been resolved by reconfiguring the Apache server. Almost everything is working now, the viewing of revisions appears to be broken for some other reason. That'll be looked into soon. In the mean time I'm going to attempt a redux on my web presence blog post.

Update: Our sysadmin has already applied a patch for the revisions page which was needed because Drupal was depending on a feature/bug in PHP that was changed in the version of PHP that was recently deployed on our server.

We now have mailing lists

angusgr — Tue, 11/05/2010 - 11:05am Thanks to Alastair we now have two mailing lists, one for “committee business” and one for “maker stuff”

Meetup #22

angusgr — Tue, 11/05/2010 - 11:02am

(Sorry for the late post, folks!)

The next Make, Hack, Void meeting is at 6:15pm on Tuesday the 11th of May 2010 at The Braddon Club.

6:15-7:15pm Official group & committee business 7:15-8:30pm “Maker's Meetup”, show & tell (bring projects!), project talk, fun stuff

Our official business this week will be focused on writing some more of the association documents.

Feel free to attend either or both parts of the meeting. First timers welcome.

The meeting room is in the “cottage” behind the club, ask for directions when you sign in. Attendees will need to be Braddon Club members, or signed in. Membership is $5/year or 50c for a temporary pass. As the Braddon Club is a licensed venue, anyone under 18 will need to be accompanied by a responsible adult.

Meetup #21

angusgr — Sun, 02/05/2010 - 7:37pm

The next Make, Hack, Void meeting is at 6:15pm on Tuesday the 27th of April 2010 at The Braddon Club.

6:15-7:15pm Official group & committee business 7:15-8:30pm “Maker's Meetup”, show & tell (bring projects!), project talk, fun stuff

Our official business this week will be focused on writing some more of the association documents.

Feel free to attend either or both parts of the meeting. First timers welcome.

The meeting room is in the “cottage” behind the club, ask for directions when you sign in. Attendees will need to be Braddon Club members, or signed in. Membership is $5/year or 50c for a temporary pass. As the Braddon Club is a licensed venue, anyone under 18 will need to be accompanied by a responsible adult.

Meetup #20

Adam — Mon, 26/04/2010 - 11:55am The next Make, Hack, Void meeting is at 6:15pm on Tuesday the 27th of April 2010 at The Braddon Club.

6:15-7:15pm Official group & committee business 7:15-8:30pm “Maker's Meetup”, show & tell (bring projects!), project talk, fun stuff

Our official business this week will be focused on organising the Emiglio tear down day next weekend and we'll also be working on writing some of the association documents.

Feel free to attend either or both parts of the meeting. First timers welcome.

The meeting room is in the “cottage” behind the club, ask for directions when you sign in. Attendees will need to be Braddon Club members, or signed in. Membership is $5/year or 50c for a temporary pass. As the Braddon Club is a licensed venue, anyone under 18 will need to be accompanied by a responsible adult.

Arduino Hackfest

deece — Sat, 20/02/2010 - 9:29am

We shall be holding a small (6 hour) hackfest to come up with a set of generic libraries for use with AVR projects that performs better than the Arduino runtimes. We may end up with a hacked Arduino runtime, or we may create something from scratch.

Start time is midday at the Wig & Pen Now moved to PJ OReily's since the Wig & Pen does not open until 2pm.

history/maker_meetups.txt · Last modified: 2013/11/21 15:50 by brenda