This is an old revision of the document!
Group buys are a great way to get many people involved in projects, get some new toys and maybe save some money at the same time.
Please post a message on the mailing list with your idea, starting the subject with [group buy] if possible.
If you can get enough people interested, start a wiki page in the group_buys category with the details (supplier, estimated pricing, contact details, shipping details etc).
Until we have a defined template for these, please include the following:
* Your name, or the organiser's name
* A table of names/contact details for people who have opted in to the group buy
* (optional) A link to the mailing list archives if you started your group buy idea there
I need someone (probably me) to build a wiki template for a group buy page –Adam B
* How should this be handled?
I'm not sure if MHV could sign up as an organisation to get one of these, but they're free to individuals
* Won't accept courier deliveries, but anything that gets handed off to Australia Post (USPS, HK Post, China Post etc) is fine
* Need someone to investigate this
* Add your name or remove your name to the wiki page (?)
Am I allowed to recommend one? –Adam B
* Please discuss with the supplier first before resorting to using a shipping forwarder. Some suppliers won't like the use of these and they will always incur an extra cost
* How does CCHS handle this?